Halotestin Fluoxymesterone Powder
1. Synonyms: Fluoxymesterone, Halotestin
2. CAS: 76-43-7
3. EINECS: 200-961-8
4. Molecular fomular:C20H29FO3
5. Molecular Weight:336.44
6. Assay: 99% min.
7. Character: White crystalline powder. Mp 240℃, refractive index 104°.
Fluoxymesterone (trade name Halotestin) is an anabolic steroid with strong androgenic properties that has been used in the treatment of male hypogonadism, delayed puberty in males, and in the treatment of breast neoplasms in women. It is approximately 5 times as potent as methyltestosterone.The antitumor activity of fluoxymesterone appears related to reduction or competitive inhibition of prolactin receptors or estrogen receptors or production. Like many C-17 alpha alkylated steroids, fluoxymesterone has poor binding to the androgen receptor. Even so, its actions are mediated by the androgen receptor, most-likely due to its prolonged plasma half-life. Though the half-life of fluoxymesterone is about 9.2 hours.
Fluoxymesterone treat a deficiency of the male hormone testosterone when the body does not make enough. It is also used to stimulate puberty in males with delayed puberty.Treating advanced breast cancer in women who are 1 to 5 years past menopause.
1. Usual Adult Dose for Hypogonadism – Male. 5 to 20 mg orally once a day or divided into 3 or 4 doses.
2. Usual Adult Dose for Breast Cancer. 10 to 40 mg orally per day divided into 3 or 4 doses. The duration of therapy is at least one month for a satisfactory response, and 2 to 3 months for an objective response
3. Usual Adult Dose for Postmenopausal Symptoms. 1 to 2 mg orally 2 times a day for 3 to 6 weeks
4. Usual Pediatric Dose for Delayed Puberty – Male. 2.5 to 20 mg orally per day or in 3 to 4 divided doses for up to 4 to 6 months.